So, you want to know how to be happier and feel freer than you ever have? Great you came to the right freaking blog. Because so do I. I have found myself slipping in and out of the happy joyous and free state a lot lately and through much introspection, reading, writing, praying, meditating, and talking with friends, I have come to a sort of conclusion.
Forest Gump levels of success and happiness.
1. Keep it simple: it was never complicated, to begin with. Stop making it so complicated.
2. Focus on one thing at a time: I am not a mutant being with the power of splitting myself in 2s, 3s, or 4s. I only have the one me and the one mind. Put all of your little heart, mind, body, and soul into the problem at hand and watch it be eviscerated.
3. Everything is going to be ok: Acceptance of people, places and things just as they are is key to unblocking me from the joyful person I can be. I have no control over the weather, other peoples thoughts or actions and a multitude of other things. Allow yourself to be happy by accepting what is.
4. Focus on what you can control: This should be obvious, but it’s not. I can’t drive my car and everyone else at the same time. Focus on staying in your lane and be vigilant of bad drivers. Keep your distance; it’s all you can do.
5. Smile: You don’t own all the worlds problems. And if I really look around and humble myself, I have a plethora of things in my life to smile about.
6. Its ok to be sad or angry or whatever negative emotion you are feeling: It is not ok to live in those feelings and become those things for the rest of your life.
7. Pain is Inevitable, but suffering is a choice: allow time and forgiveness to heal the hurts in your life. Time takes time if I broke my arm today, I wouldn’t expect it to feel better tomorrow. Allow the time to heal from pain bit do not hold onto by rebreaking the arm over and over again.
That’s it you should be happy now. If your not, it’s not my fault bits yours, haha. Oh bonus
Bonus thingy: take full responsibility for your life. Even if bad things happened to you and it wasn’t your fault l, it is still your job to make a good life out of it. I can’t make a good life for myself by pointing my finger and blaming someone else for my unhappiness. My happiness is my responsibility; no one else.
Ok, that’s it. Now go be awesome humans. I am going to be the best father, son, friend, and brother I can be today. Love, peace and chicken grease.